總網頁檢視次數

2011年5月6日星期五

Daruma Ramen House, 達磨


                                                      Daruma Ramen House, 達磨
       This is my favourite ramen restaurant in Hong Kong. A little back ground info; 2 brother and sister open this shop. They are the reseller of the brand Paul Frank in Hong Kong; they always go to Japan therefore they can always eat traditional Japanese ramen. One day there were thinking why can’t we bring this back to Hong Kong, they tried many ramen shop in Japan in order to find the most traditional shop and to invite the chef to come to Hong Kong for there Ramen shop. The noodle they used is made in Japan and it will be shipped to Hong Kong every other day so that the noodle is still fresh

       The reason why this shop is really famous in Hong Kong is because of its pork bone base soup. It is really concentrated and grease and yet it does not taste bad. It uses around 50kg of pork bone for 100 bowl of soup, you can imagine how concentrated the soup is. After drinking a sip of the soup I feel like I have just put a greasy lip-gloss.

       This ramen shop is named Daruma Ramen House is because of the daruma statue it means good luck in Japan.

       Every time I go to daruma I have to queue up, the first time I visit there I waited for 2 hours but after eating it I think that my time queuing up was not wasted. Daruma gives numbered ticket for each people if they now there are going to run out of soup they will stop giving the numbered tickets.

       There shop is really small, around 18-20 people can be inside at a time. Therefore the waiting time will be longer. I really like the design of the chopstick holder.

       I will recommend you to order R8, it includes a half boiled egg, 2 piece of meat and 2 slices of thin pork, the soup is the traditional pork bone soup, you can choose spicy but I recommend you to choose the traditional one. It cost HKD$85, which is quite expensive for a bowl of ramen in Hong Kong but I think this totally worth it, counting in its effort making the soup, and the amount of ingredient in R8.

     I will give Daruma Noodle House a good 9/10

INFO:
 大坑銅鑼灣道92E地下
          
92E, Tung Lo Wan Road, Tai Han
            2565 6600
Not much available seats 

Hall of Fame (signature from artists)
     
R8

Price List

The half boiled egg

The cool design chopstick holder

The hallmark of the shop:Daruma

                                                 Daruma Ramen House, 達磨

  

沒有留言:

發佈留言